As a Fishel fellow, I was placed in India with JDC Entwine Multi-Week Global Jewish Service Corps with Gabriel Project Mumbai, and I am now working in Berlin as a JDC Entwine Global Jewish Service Corps fellow.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Jaipur and the Taj Mahal


Since I completely failed at updating this blog during my last few weeks in India, I will dedicate this blog post to some highlights from the past few weeks.  We took a trip up north to an area called Rajasthan.  We spent the first 2 days exploring Jaipur, known as the Pink City because of the color of its buildings.  The whole vibe and atmosphere there was completely different from in Mumbai.  Rajasthan is a desert, so it’s even hotter than Mumbai (didn’t think that was possible), and the architecture is beautiful and more colorful.  Here are some photos of the palaces, forts, and temples we visited (including the Monkey Temple!!):



















We also took an overnight van to see the Taj Mahal, which was pretty spectacular:





1 comment:

  1. love the pictures!!! U look so happy. This area condider by most of my freinds who visited India to be the "pearl" of this coutry.

    ReplyDelete